Morningside Opening Hours
Our general opening hours are:
Monday to Friday 0800-1800.
However, we close for staff training on Tuesdays 1330-1430.
We are also closed on public holidays - please see below for the specific dates.
When We Are Closed
Public Holiday Closure Dates
- Monday 25th December - Christmas Day
- Tuesday 26th December - Boxing Day
- Monday 1st January - New Year's Day Public Holiday
- Tuesday 2nd January - Public Holiday
- Friday 29th March - Good Friday Public Holiday
- Monday 1st April - Easter Monday Public Holiday
- Monday 6th May - May Day Public Holiday
- Monday 16th September - Autumn Public Holiday
- Wednesday 25th December - Christmas Day
- Thursday 26th December Boxing Day
- Wednesday 1st January - New Year's Day Public Holiday
- Thursday 2nd January - Public Holiday
Life Threatening Conditions on 999
Always dial 999 for life-threatening conditions such as
Severe chest pain
Severe difficulty in breathing
Severe loss of blood
Severe burns or scalds
Fitting or concussion
Severe allergic reactions
The nearest Casualty Department is at the New Royal Infirmary, Little France.
The Casualty Department for children is at the Royal Hospital for Sick Children.
NHS24 on 111
111 online is a fast and convenient alternative to the 111 phone service and provides an option for people who want to access 111 digitally.
Your needs will be assessed and you will be given advice about whether you need:
- Treat yourself at home
- Go to a Primary Care Centre
If you need face to face medical attention you may be asked to attend a Primary Care Centre.
Click here to access NHS24 111 online or call 111 to speak to a staff member.
Extended Hours Surgeries (Practice Nurses)
We offer routine appointments with our nurses out with our normal opening times of Monday to Friday 08:00 - 17:00. These appointments are on Tuesdays between 17:30 - 19:30.
These appointments are highly valued by our patients who have difficulty coming during our routine opening hours.
When attending these appointments, please go to the door on the right of the main entrance and ring the doorbell.
Our GP's also offer review appointments out with our normal opening times. However these are variable and flexible depending on the GP working hours.
The surgery is closed for 1 hour for staff training on Tuesdays from 13:30 - 14:30.
We are also closed on some afternoons from 13:00 for Practice Learning Time “PLT”, which will be advised in our banner section of the website.
Medical cover is provided by NHS 24 (Telephone 111) when the surgery is closed.