Code of Conduct
It is our aim at Morningside Medical Practice to provide a safe and pleasant working environment in which patients and the staff team give and receive mutual respect.
To assist in providing this, all persons accessing the services of the practice are expected to observe the Practice Code of Conduct.
The Practice Code of Conduct’s main aim is “people attending the practice, whether in person or by telephone, should behave in a manner that respects the rights of others and the practice environment.
Violent behaviour is never tolerated and will result in Police Prosecution of the aggressor and the direct and immediate removal of the patient concerned from the practice list.
The following behaviour falls outside the Code of Conduct and is therefore considered to be unacceptable:
- Excessive noise which is obtrusive to others in the vicinity.
- Demanding, manipulative or bullying behaviour.
- Use of threatening, abusive or obscene language.
- Offensive remarks of a racial, sexual or personally derogatory nature.
- Damage or theft to the property.
- Threatening or aggressive gestures and actions.
- Inappropriate behaviour involving alcohol/substance misuse.
- Repeated non-attendance for appointments.
Any person acting in an unacceptable manner can be asked by a member of staff to stop behaving in such a way and to observe the Practice Code of Conduct.
If a person repeatedly fails to observe the Code of Conduct, the Practice could ask the patient to register elsewhere or refer the patient to the Challenging Behaviour Practice to receive his/her healthcare. The Practice will advise these arrangements to the patient in writing.