Welcome to Morningside Medical Practice
Updated 7th June 2022
We would like to thank you for your ongoing patience, tolerance, and understanding while the practice team is complying with the NHS Scottish Government guidelines.
We know how difficult it can be at times to get through to the practice. Our practice population is very large and we do try to deal with the high demand as best we can each day. Thank you for your continued support.
Although our door is open, we ask that you only attend if you have a booked face to face appointment, dropping off a labelled sample or a letter for the doctor or nurse. We kindly ask that you telephone our receptionists to make an appointment, for any results or enquiries and to not attend the practice. This will help us all by reducing unnecessary delays for patients waiting to be booked in for their appointment and will also alleviate the footfall in the waiting room. If you answer yes to the below questions, then please telephone the surgery instead of coming in:
- Do you or any member of your household/family have a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 diagnosed in the last 14 days?
- Do you or any member of your household/family have suspected COVID-19 and are waiting for a COVID-19 test result?
- Have you travelled internationally in the last 10 days to a country that is on the Government red list?
- Have you had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, or been in isolation with a suspected case in the last 10 days?
- Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- High temperature or fever?
- New, continuous cough?
- A loss or alteration to taste or smell?
- General respiratory screening questions:
- Do you have any new or worsening respiratory symptoms not already mentioned which suggest you may have a respiratory virus?
- Have you been had a laboratory test with a confirmed respiratory virus/ infection such as influenza in the last 14 days?
The National Covid Community Pathway will end on 31 March 2022 therefore the Covid Assessment Centre at WGH will be stood down on 1 April 2022. Please refer to our Services Tab, Covid-19 Information update for more information.
Please click here for the latest information about COVID Vaccination specifically in NHS Lothian. We empathise with our patients that clinics are not too local, but unfortunately, we do not have control over the clinics' locations.
Vaccination Exemption Certficates
GPs and their teams cannot issue vaccination exemption certificates. Further information on the vaccination exemption certificates scheme, including information on safe vaccination and routes to obtain an exemption, can be found on the Scottish Government and NHS Inform websites. Alternatively, you can phone the free NHS Covid helpline on 0808 196 8565.
Please be aware that private COVID-19 tests are not offered by our medical practice.
Patient Self Help
Many health problems do not require a doctor or nurse. These include:
- PHARMACIST - coughs & colds, sore throats, uncomplicated urine infections, verrucas, constipation, smoking cessation, hay fever, mouth ulcers, dry skin, contraception.
- OPTICIAN - dry, red, sore, watery, sticky eyes; squints, flashing lights, cysts/styes, reduced vision, eyelid problems. Please click here for more information
- PHYSIOTHERAPY - musculoskeletal problems
- PODIATRY - foot problems
A full list of patient self-help services is on the "further information" bar at the bottom of the page.
Registration forms should be collected from the medical practice. These are issued between the hours of 11am and 4pm.
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need, such as
Please note that we close for staff training every Tuesday from 13:30 to 14:30. Please phone NHS24 on 111 or 999 for any medical emergencies.
Public Holiday Closures
Please phone NHS24 on 111 or 999 for any medical emergencies if we are closed.
Monday 19th September 2022
Monday 26th December 2022
Tuesday 27th December 2022
Monday 2nd January 2023
Tuesday 3rd January 2023
Remote Video Consultations (please only use this if directed by a clinician following telephone triage appointment)
Morningside Medical Practice will shortly be introducing remote video consultations with our clinicians.
Following the allocation of your appointment, we ask patients to click the below link about 10 minutes before their appointment time to access our virtual waiting room. This will then allow the clinician to know you are waiting. We always endeavor to 'connect' at the appointment time, but we do apologise if are running late as we can not predict the busiest of previous patient appointments.
Please click here for more information about Near Me Remote Video Consultations.
(Site updated 07/06/2022)