Minor Injuries at Western General Hospital
Minor Injuries Unit at Western General Hospital
The Minor Injuries Unit is based at The Western General Hospital, Crewe Road South, Edinburgh EH4 2XU. It is open seven days a week from 0800 to 2000.
- Patients can self refer to the minor injuries department by calling NHS24 on 111 if they fit the below inclusion criteria.
- Patients will be offered a video call consultation if they have a smart phone, or a face to face appointment if they do not.
- Following a video call consultation, the nurse practitioner will either give self care advice, or book a face to face appointment.
Minor Injuries Unit inclusion criteria
- Patients 12 years old and over
- Must be able to make their own way to minor injuries unit
- Injuries within 5 days
- Strains, sprains and suspected broken bones of arms and legs
- Wounds and minor burns
- minor bumps to head and face
- Simple eye injuries
- Insect bites and stings