The Minor Injuries Unit is based at The Western General Hospital, Crewe Road South, Edinburgh EH4 2XU. It is open seven days a week from 0800 to 2000.
- Patients can self refer to the minor injuries department by calling NHS24 on 111 if they fit the below inclusion criteria.
- Patients will be offered a video call consultation if they have a smart phone, or a face to face appointment if they do not.
- Following a video call consultation, the nurse practitioner will either give self care advice, or book a face to face appointment.
MINOR INJURIES INCLUSION CRITERIA
- Patients 12 years old and over
- Must be able to make their own way to minor injuries unit
- Injuries within 5 days
- Strains, sprains and suspected broken bones of arms and legs
- Wounds and minor burns
- Simple eye injuries
- Insect bites and stings