New Royal Hospital for Children and Young People
The children's emergency department will no longer move on 9th July 2019. Please continue to use the existing Royal Hospital for Sick Children at Sciennes, Edinburgh until further notice.
Exit from European Union
GP practices have received word from The Chief Pharmaceutical Officer for The Scottish Government stating the essential points if the UK exits from the EU without an agreement about the terms of withdrawal:
- The Scottish Government is working with all other UK Administrations to make sure that patients receive the medicines and other medical supplies they need, as far as is possible, if the UK leaves the EU without a deal.
- Pharmaceutical companies have stockpiled medicines and across the UK the NHS has stockpiled other supplies like medical devices and clinical consumables.
- Arrangements are also being made to transport into the UK, including by air, items that cannot be stockpiled.
- Patients, GPs, community pharmacies and hospitals should not stockpile.
- Shortages may occur, but the NHS will manage the situation and if necessary provide suitable alternatives or other treatment while supply is restored to normal levels.
- Patients do not need to do anything new.
Morningside Medical Practice are now operating a restricted list. If you require to register, this can be done on a Monday - Friday. Unfortunately we are only able register a limited amount of patients per week until further notice. The decision was taken so this would allow the doctors to continue providing high quality and safe care to our patients. Thank you for your continued support and patience.
Flu clinic 2018
Its that time again! Please call our receptionist who will book an appointment for you. Please click here to see if you are eligible for vaccinations on the NHS.
New appointment option
We always try to improve patient access options. We understand that there are some issues which are not "urgent" that need to be sorted that day, but also need to be sorted within the two weeks routine appointment. We have therefore introduced a soon '3 day release' appointment. Click here for more information.
We are not relocating!
Despite what some articles or "news" articles have reported, we want to reassure our patients that Morningside Medical Practice is NOT moving its premises, or merging with other practices despite.
Please note that we close for staff training every Tuesday between 13:00 to 14:00. Please phone NHS24 on 111 or 999 for any medical emergencies.
We are also closed for training on the following dates:
- 12th June 2019
- 11th September 2019
- 9th October 2019
- 13th November 2019
Scottish Primary Care Information Resource (SPIRE)
From May 2017, NHS Scotland and the Scottish Government will be improving the way information is used from GP patient records. These changes will help to plan and improve health and care services in Scotland. Please click here for more information, or call NHS Inform on 0800 22 44 88.
GDPR and Data Protection
The practice complies with Data Protection legalisation and access to medical records legislation. Please click here to find out how we collect your data, how we process it and who we share the information with.